Meet Big Red — Redhead’s Long Stroke Unit
Proven reliability from a proven manufacturer, with a focus on improving performance, reliability & operational flexibility in long stroke systems.
- Largest conventional pumping unit ever deployed.
- Same market leading quality of the rest of the Redhead™ Pumping Units.
- High Capacity Long Stroke Unit : High SPM - Up to 108% and 26% increased stroke distance per minute compared to Rotaflex 900 and SSI 350 respectively.
- Long Stroke Cost Effectiveness: Lowest capital, operating and maintenance costs.
- Reliability: Because the Big Red is a very large conventional pumping unit, it requires the same maintenance regimen, unlike very specialized and expensive service from hydraulic and mechanical providers.
- Familiarity: Big Red is a larger version of a pumping unit, so no specialized crews are required for setup and maintenance – we support all local service providers.
- Fits on standard 36’ concrete base: no special foundation required.
- Wrist-Pin are secured by Nordlock™ Superbolt technology, eliminating the need for hammer wrenching and ensuring proper installation.
- Available with Redhead™ Convertible Base, allowing pumpjack changeouts without any changes to the base.
- Versatility with 5 stroke options, from 300” to 156” – Allowing for a large variety of stroke lengths as the wells mature.
Pumping Unit Specifications
|Unit Size||Rated Polished Rod Capacity (lbf)||Stroke Lengths (5 standard)||Maximum SPM||Rated Gearbox Torque (in-lb)||Standard ECB @ 300”||Reliability|
|C1824-365-300||36,500||300”, 260”, 223”, 189”, 156”||9||1,824,000||22,600||Legendary|
Experience, Facility & Qualifications
- API 11E, ISO9001 & ASME Certifications
- Seasoned staff - Over 100 years of combined rod pumping experience.
- State of the art Assembly & Parts facility in Lloydminster.